The historic restoration and conversion of 390 Capitol Avenue is a $3.5 million development of which CRDA has provided $7 million. The developer is Dakota Partners,Inc.
The brick building, located in the Frog Hollow neighborhood near downtown of Hartford, was originally built around 1890 as part of the Small Tool Division of the Pratt & Whitney Machine Tool Company. The building was later taken over by the Hartford Office Supply Company, which closed down in 2005. The property has been vacant ever since that time.
Forty-one, one-bedroom and 71, two-bedroom units will make up the mix of apartments. Twenty percent will be affordable and 80 percent will be market-rate. The 112 apartment's will include 14’-17’ceilings, large windows, energy efficient lighting, appliances, heating and air conditioning systems and cable television, telephone and high-speed internet wiring. The building will have a laundry room on each floor, a community lounge, theater room, fitness center/yoga room and secured parking.
The conversion is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.