The historic restoration and conversion of 390 Capitol Avenue is a $35 million development of which CRDA has provided $7 million. The developer is Dakota Partners, LLC.
The brick building, located in the Frog Hollow neighborhood near downtown Hartford, was originally built around 1890 as part of the Small Tool Division of the Pratt & Whitney Machine Tool Company. The building was later taken over by the Hartford Office Supply Company, which closed down in 2005. The property has been vacant since that time.
Forty-one, one-bedroom and 71 two-bedroom units make up the mix of apartments. Twenty percent are affordable and 80 percent are market-rate. The 112 apartments include 14’-17’ ceilings, large windows, energy efficient lighting, appliances, heating and air conditioning systems and cable television, telephone and high-speed internet wiring. The building has a laundry room on each floor, a community lounge, theater room, fitness center/yoga room and secured parking.
The conversion was completed at the end of 2016.
Property Amenities Include:
- Central Air
- Off-Street Parking (additional monthly fee)
- Ceiling Fans
- Fitness Center
- Resident Lounge
- Theater Room
- On-Site Management
- 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance
- Secure Building